1. What is Pilates? Pilates is a low stress method of physical and mental conditioning. Pilates exercises are done with precision, control and smooth fluid movements with the primary focus on the powerhouse or core of the body.
2. What does Pilates accomplish?
*Pilates relieves backache when done properly *controls weight disorders *relieves stress *improves flexibility in the muscles and joints *lengthens and strengthens the entire body *corrects poor posture and body alignment *improves balance and co-ordination *stimulates the circulatory system *helps prevent osteoporosis
3. What is the primary focus of Pilates? To develop the body and mind uniformly. To gain power and grace. To exercise safely without strain to the heart or internal organs.
4. Is Pilates a cardio workout? Once you are skilled in the exercise and move throughout them fluidly, your heart rate will increase and you will perspire providing you with an aerobic workout.
5. Can a person lose weight with Pilates? You will tighten and tone all of your muscles and lose inches especially around your powerhouse, the abdominal area, thighs and buttocks. In conjunction with a proper diet, Pilates promotes a lean and graceful appearance.
6. How often should I do Pilates? Beginners 3 days a week for 20 – 30 minutes, intermediate and advanced students 3 times a week for up to 1 hour.
Free Spirit Yoga and Pilates
Julia Shields 13354 237a Street Maple Ridge, BC V4R 2V9 Phone Julia's cel 604-807-7512 or Allan 778-240-8415 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org